Thursday, November 27, 2008

AFTER A YEAR...

It's more than a year since I left PhilRice to pursue my MS degree here at UPLB. Time does fly so fast. I can't even imagine that I survived this year. New friends, new environment, new relationships, new perspectives, new ideologies... blah blah blah!ΓΌ

I had my calm seas and turbulent clouds. It wasn't easy grasping for air and pushing myself so hard just to make sure I still had my hands firmly clasped at the end of the cliff. It was a process that I had to endure, sometimes at my own, but oftentimes, with family and friends.

It has been a year and it feels so liberating to know that I've lived the decisions I've made especially when it came to relationships. My relationship with other people could be likened to a flowering plant: some have bloomed and stayed beautiful while others, withered. Sometimes it's just so hard forcing yourself caring for dying flowers. How I wish I could just spray "formaline" to preserve its state even for just a moment. But I know that it doesn't work that way, sometimes, I just have to give in to the truth that people come and go. It's not because of my choosing; but it's an inevitable truth that I have to accept.

Life is to short, and life has so much to offer. So with what has transpired for the past year, I've learned to carefully keep clasping my hands, slowly and surely pushing myself forward until I'm able to fully stand again with my OWN feet and continue caring for flowering plants that bloom unceasingly and beautifully.

No comments: