Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"FEED YOUR ANGELS AND YOUR DEMONS WILL STARVE"

I decided to make my time productive (it's not that I am not productive, it's just that I stare at space most of the time,,,lol!). Anyway, I grabbed a book from a shelf at our apartment. It's just a small book written by Conrado Barba Favorito entitled "My Favorite Fables and More". I told myself this one's for me since it's for students, yuppies, managers, parents and mentors (scrap the last four words).

While reading through, this one caught me and I think it's worth sharing.

TWO WOLVES FIGHTING
(Adapted and revised version)

Grandma Bella is teaching her grandson Kyle about life.

"A fight is going on inside me," she says to the boy. "It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. ONE IS EVIL - he is greed, impatience, false pride, anger, envy, regret, arrogance, self-pity, laziness, resentment, lies. THE OTHER IS GOOD - he is generosity, patience, humility, love, hope, peace, serenity, kindness, benevolence, empathy, perseverance, diligence, truth, compassion, joy and faith. This same fight is going on inside you - and inside very other person, too."

Kyle thinks about it for a minute and then asks his grandmother, "Which wolf will win, Grandma?"

Grandma Bella simply replies, "THE ONE YOU FEED."

No comments: